Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...

Val took me skydiving down in Monterey for our 3rd anniversary last month. I don't have Val's pictures handy and I was unable to get the video to upload, but here are some of my pictures for your amusement.

I thought it was pretty cool that they put a warning on the back of your harness telling you how dangerous it is to go skydiving. Kind of defeats the purpose.

This picture is neat.

I guess this is about how I'd look if I didn't wear a helmet on my motorcycle. It's probably best for everyone if I do.

It was pretty weird that for the couple seconds it takes the chute to open, it felt like we were falling. Yes I understand we were falling the whole time, but after the initial bit when you leave the plane, the next minute is just like looking at a pretty landscape with a big fan blowing in your face. You don't feel like you're falling anymore because you've already hit terminal velocity; until the chute opens and you apparently speed up until it catches. Weird. But fun weird.

No comments: