Friday, July 25, 2008

Japan - random

This my first time editing this blog, so please bare with me.

I thought it was about time to share some pics with everyone with what we have been doing here in Japan. Well, truthfully, we haven't done much. But here are some of the random pics I have from our stay here.
This is the hotel we are staying at. The Marriott Nagoya Associa. It is one of the two tallest buildings in the city at 52 floors. The building across the street is the other tallest building. Steve and I have yet to find out which of the two buildings actually is the tallest.

This twisty building is next to ours as well. Not really sure what it's for, but we thought it was picture worthy considering we've never seen a building quite like it.


Turns out I'm not the tallest woman in Japan after all.
For those of you who did not believe me, they really have developed a square watermelon.

And to end this segment, the most random experience thus far. They really know how to celebrate a Birthday in Japan. While at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nagoya, the rock music was all of a sudden interrupted for a birthday celebration. It started out in the normal embarrassing tradition of the whole wait staff coming to your table to sing to you while the whole restaurant looks on glad it's not their own birthday. But it didn't stop there... the staff then proceeded to lead the embarrassed patrons up onto the dance stage in the middle of the restaurant, where they were forced to sing, I fear to say, the YMCA song. Oh yes, it's true. We do have video if anyone is interested.

No comments: