Sunday, June 15, 2008

I got a new bike!

Backstory.....
I got my first motorcycle back in 05. It was a 2000 Yamaha YZF600R and I put about 3k miles on it before selling it last Monday.

Present....
I just got a new 08 Yamaha WR250x on Friday. It's all kinds of fun. Basically a street legal dirtbike but it's got street tires and turn signals and such (supermoto is the official term). It's super light and turney and much more of a toy than my old one. I can actually take the twisties faster on this bike than on my old one despite having way less power and sitting so much higher. It's so light (140lb less than my old one) i can just throw it around and lean it way over on turns. Future plans entail some protective gear (for the bike and myself) and a set of dirt tires so i can get off road.

Specs on the new bike if you're interested.

Pictures....


So technically it had .2 miles on it when i brought it home but the odometer doesn't show in tenths.

The old bike.

No comments: