Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Kitchen 2.0

It's been awhile since I've posted anything here, and after the kitchen remodel, it will probably be a while before you hear from me again. I just don't have the time with two small kiddos and one on the way. ;) But for those of you who are interested, I thought I'd try to throw some pictures up for you and take you along our kitchen remodel adventure.

First off, I took before pictures but they are currently stuck on our SLR camera because I can't find the piece I need to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer due to the chaos our house is currently in. So I'm going to use the pics from when we were looking to buy this house... 5? years ago? Has it been that long already?!?

Here goes Before:

Living room with carpet


From living room looking at the wall between the living room and kitchen. Wood siding and carpet island grrrrr.


From the dining room into the kitchen. Blasted carpet island!!


From the kitchen into the dining room with the peninsula. Notice I was pregnant with Bri back then. I've pretty much been pregnant since living in Washington. I think I'm going to stop drinking the water!

And now, day 1:


Wall's almost down. Carpet, wood floor and that blasted island is gone! Wood siding gone. Gone gone gone. Oh, and look at that cute demo crew. They are not for hire. :)

Day 2:


Wall's almost completely gone with the new support beam resting on the ground.


New window! Now I can watch my girlies play in the side yard while reading a book in our soon to be book nook area. That's the dream at least. Might be a few years before I get there. ;)


View of window from the side yard.

And now you're up to date but I can't leave without showing off my little cuties. Here's a recent picture of Brielle and Adilyn:






No comments: