Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Adi’s 1st B-day

So you may wonder why I never posted Adi’s first b-day party. No, I don’t love Adi any less, don’t even joke about that! I just got crazy busy at the beginning of summer! I just read an article about summer’s in the PNW that describe it perfectly. Basically, summer in the PNW is such a short time period that you feel like you need to pack every waking moment with some sort of outdoor activity to soak up the limited sun we get. And this being the first summer I was somewhat able to be active with 2 able bodied children, we did just that. So with our activity level up, and just trying to catch up on life/house things that I hadn’t been able to do while pregnant or with babies for the last 3 years that we’ve been here, I quite blogging. If you look back on our summer posts, if it wasn’t done on the phone, it wasn’t done. And Adi’s party pictures were on the camera, and that’s where they stayed, until now. So here we go…
Although I know not everyone agrees, I am her mother so therefore the expert on her and I consider Adi a redhead (or strawberry blonde if you prefer). To celebrate this uniqueness I threw Adi a red party, even asking the guests (who remembered) to wear red.
DSC_0343 (1024x681)DSC_0388 (1024x681)
Here is Adi with Sister and cousin Elisa, and photo bombed from cousin Owen in the background. Of the five pictures of these 3 (4), not one of them had all 3 (4) looking at the camera. Just a typical kid photo. So I picked the one that Adi looked best since it was her party. Gotta love Elisa’s dedication to wearing red!DSC_0353 (1024x681)
Adi did much better eating the cupcake than Bri did. After waiting for me to blow out the candle and listening to everyone sing her a song, she dug right into… the frosting. Not so much the cake, but definitely liked the frosting. (Red velvet cake for the record.)DSC_0356 (1024x681)DSC_0360 (1024x681)
Good pic of Bri and Grandma.
DSC_0366 (1024x681)
Adi, hamming it up with Nana. It was fun watching her throughout the party. It seemed like she understood that the celebration was for her and she loved all the attention. DSC_0370 (1024x681)
Pretty sure Papa did something to offend the birthday girl in this string of pics. No one messes with Red and gets away with it.DSC_0381 (1024x681)DSC_0382 (1024x681)DSC_0383 (1024x681)DSC_0384 (1024x681)
And finally, here’s a good one of Adi and her cousin Bella. What beauties.
DSC_0391 (1024x681)
Happy Birthday Adi. We love you!

No comments: