Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stuck

Well, our flight was cancelled and we are stuck in SC for 2 more days. I had planned on going to Texas Roadhouse Grill only twice while we were here due to the large quantities of delicious rolls I consume everytime, but after hearing about our delayed plans, I asked Steve if we could go one last time. Turns out we made a good choice since we were there on their very first craft night! For kids, not us. I'm not sure if you understand our excitment here... it was effectively FREE BABYSITTING! Just for Bri but we'll take it. 

But enough about dinner, we ate, we laughed, we got a balloon princess (again for Brielle, not us) and left. Nothing else too exciting right? Well... we are in the South, so from what I understand they do not get a lot of rain. Turns out when it does rain, it POURS! It was only 50 yards to the car and sprinkling so I took Bri's artwork she made and put it under my shirt to keep it dry. Steve got the girls. Half way to the car, it dumped on us! I ran the rest of the way to the car, threw the art work inside and ran back to get Adi. We got the girls inside and got soaked (just our backs) in the process. Wow. Then, as in southern California, SC does not seem prepared for rain so I couod not see the lines on the 6 lane freeway. They needed more of those turtle thingies between lanes to reflect the light, but since they didn't,  I ended up driving 40 with everyone else and making Steve get off the phone with his boss to be my second set of eyes! It was crazy! But we made it. Steve dropped us off at the covered entrance of the hotel (where I took the picture) and braved the monsoons all by himself while the girls and I watched the lightening from the safety of the awning.

We all made it mostly unscathed from this natural flood... all but the balloon tinkerbell that is. She lost a wing during the escape to the car. Only left turns from here on out.


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy™ S II 4G

No comments: