Wednesday, February 12, 2014

8 months

DSC_0034 (1024x681)DSC_0047 (1024x681)DSC_0060 (1024x681)

Ah, our sweet Adi has turned 8 months old. She is just a joy and a perfect addition to our silly family. She’s officially a crawler now but mainly crawls to a place she can pull herself up to cruise. The girls frequently make each other laugh which I cannot get enough of! (As you can see in the last picture.)

Bri is becoming a better sister everyday. She’s always loved her sister but the word “gentle” is not her part of her vocabulary. Although she is no more gentle now then she was 8 months ago she is learning when Adi says “No” (by crying) and doing a much better job at stopping what she’s doing and trying to make Adi better by bringing her a toy. It’s pretty cute really. Probably the most important reason for Bri being better with her sister is Adi is stronger now and can handle more of Bri’s shenanigans. I’m hoping now that Adi can crawl she’ll leave a situation if it’s bothering her, although I have a feeling that will not be the case. Adi does love her sister and sometimes I think I take second place to Bri for who she wants to spend time with. (Poor Steve doesn’t have a chance!)

Bri is also a big helper around the house. I feel I’m getting a bit lazy since I can now direct Bri to put my shoes in my closet, get me a blanket, or bring me the peanut butter, and she’ll do it, no questions asked. Oh yes, this is a good thing. I will miss this helpful stage when she grows out of it. Hopefully it will be at the same time Adi is entering the helpful stage then I’ll still have someone to sort the socks, wipe the dinner table and carry a grocery bag. Who said having kids didn’t have it’s benefits.

No comments: