Friday, December 13, 2013

South Carolina Aquarium

The girls and I headed out to the aquarium yesterday to see what they had to show us. (1st pic of Bri trying to do a shark attack with her arms in front of the giant inflatible white shark.) First thing we see... a baby skunk! I was a bit confused since I had thought we'd entered an aquarium, not a zoo, but apparently this aquarium has land and sea animals to show off. And yes, they assured me the scent had been removed so I wouldn't need to buy tomatoe juice after our encounter. 

The next animals we come across... lemurs! Still not getting the aquarium part of this place. (2nd pic, Bri inside the insert they made in the lemur cage so kids can get a better look at the lemurs during feeding time. We were not there during the feeding time hence no lemurs in this pick.)

Next animal, bald eagle. Okayn at least this one fishes in the sea. We're getting closer to what I thought was the theme behind this place... sea animals. (3rd and 4th pic, bald eagle up close and Bri flappong her wings in an "actual size" bald eagle nest.)

And then we found them. Fish! (5th pic, large fish tank)

Last but not least, we saw an... albino alligator. Okay, again not quite what I was expecting at an aquarium but pretty cool non the less. (6th pic, white alligator)

And that was it. Okay, we did see other sea creatures but I didn't take pictures of everything. Bri even got to introduce her octopus (we named Olivia shout out cuz!) to a real live octopus. 

7th pic, Bri next to the frog on the bench set up for a picture perfect view of the famouse suspension bridge. 

Disclaimer, this post was done on ky phone so sorry if pictures are out of order or the spelling's atrocious. 


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy™ S II 4G

No comments: