Friday, August 1, 2008

Japan - toilets

I've been told that I would take pictures of the toilets in Japan. I thought those people were crazy, that is until I got here. So let's start with the first toilet I experienced once I got here.




Yes, it is on the floor and yes, that is a handrail for you to hold on to.Um yeah, I was not prepared for this one. But put your fears to rest, most places I visited had a 'Western Style' toilet for us Americans who don't adjust to change well.

And now on to the more technical toilets. Oh yes folks, there is more.


This is the technical toilet that we had in our hotel room. I still believe if I could just figure out the right configuration of buttons, I may be able to beam myself home. Let's get a close up of the buttons.



Oh yes, that's right. I won't even explain this picture.

I have one more picture to come, but we haven't gotten it yet. Basically, it turns out in public places in men's restrooms, you must pay for your toilet paper before entering the stall. I must say, that is an ingenious idea. :)

No comments: